The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Wednesday, 30 April 2008

If music be the food of love - get stuffed!


If there's one thing in life that I couldn't do without it has to be music. Okay, so I'm not a player, but I can hold a toon or two. I found this playlist player on someone elses blog and thought it a great way to share my tastes in music with all you folk who decide to jump in and out of my cyber world, so don't be shy about clicking on something that intrigues you. I appreciate that a lot of it is not to everyone's tastes - but that's the point, people - it's all me! I hope you like at least one of the tracks and that it puts a spring in your step as you listen.

For the fun rocker in you I would recommend Joe Satriani's 'Crowd Chant'; for the classical buffs I heartily recommend Jason Becker's take on Paganini's 'Capricci per violino' (a metalhead with a fine pair of hands on him!). If you want something soft and romantic or emotive, you can't beat the late Jeff Healey (who died on 2nd March this year from cancer) with 'How Long Can a Man Be Strong', or the sardonic Warren Zevon with one of my all-time favourites 'Splendid Isolation'.

However, if you just want to rock out then go for Nickelback's 'One Last Run', Brian Setzer's version on SRV's 'The House is Rockin'', the Kaiser's 'Ruby' or even the eternal Led Zeppelin's 'Rock And Roll.

If blues rock is your thang then have a listen to the red-neck Junkyard and 'Simple Man' or another of my all-time favourites, the Georgia Satellites with 'Keep Your Hands to Yourself'.

Whatever you go for, just try not to judge me too much. This is not, by any means, an exhaustive list (basically because I don't have enough time to update it regularly!).

I will leave you with one last recommendation. This song takes me right back to the days when I began to listen to rock and roll and found that it was to be the soundtrack to my life (cheesy, eh?!), but Joan Jett's 'I Love Rock'n'Roll' holds great memories for me back when I was a kid and teenager growing up in the middle of the troubles in N.I., and if I didn't have r'n'r back then I'm sure I would have got caught up in other 'pursuits', so no matter what people think of rock'n'roll, it kept me on the straight and narrow.

M.

No comments: