Do you have good memories of your late teens, early twenties, heading out on the roads on glorious hot summer days or nights; the windows down; good buddies in the car; good toons blasting at top volume to heighten the mood? I do, and as soon as the sun comes out and its vaguely warm, all I wanna do is hop in the car and take a drive with the radio blaring. I loved those carefree days of cruising down to Newcastle at the foot of the Mournes, on a Saturday or Sunday evening, checking out the talent, having a laugh, taking in the sounds and smells of the seaside. Good times!
So the summer's going to be a good one apparently and I'm looking forward to heading down the beach some time, licking a runny poke and digging pointless holes in the sand. And to show I'm already in the mood, check out my 3 Top Toe Tappers - yes 3 - although I could go on and on with this list. The Satch had to come first coz I just love driving to this tune - how could you not. And Will Smith's version of Summer Time is just so smooth it's got to be played, and thirdly - look Bill, I know, Van Hagar wasn't a good period in your life, but you can't deny me this tune - I love it. Keep checking in for more good summer notes.
Well, Caitlin had a great birthday party last Saturday and a fun birthday which this year was overtaken by all things High School Musical - needless to say I've put a time limit on the amount of times the CDs get the played, the dance mat gets used and the annuals get read. But Caitlin was overjoyed withe all her presents. She's always so pleased with what she gets.
Caitlin bust some moves.
Party games in the sun.
Joel seems to be taking after his parents love of the stage as he has been given the lead role of Jack (of Beanstalk fame) in the Year 6's annual show. He's so pleased, as are we! Lots of lines to learn, but I'm having fun reading the script through with him, and he won't let me do it unless I give all the other characters voices, so there's usually some giggles going on! Can't wait to see the show in July.
One person that is concerning us is Christopher - he seems to have formed a fondness for donning Caitlin's makeup!?*! Naturally I was worried at first, but then I realised he's probably just a budding young Glam Rocker, so who am I to hold back his passions. Just as long as he doesn't ask for his hair braided - then I'll get worried!
3 comments:
William has the same thing with the girlies jewellery
xx
Thanks for a great time on Saturday
Of course I can give you 'Summer Nights'! The intro is classic Eddie and makes up for the wailing of the 'Moptop'. Also, they were in that whole 'Cabo San Luca' beach thing.
Can I also get a mention for '99 in the shade' from The Jovi?
I do like '99...' but the power pop can wait a few weeks!
Post a Comment