I really must update this thing a bit more. I started this as a way of reminding the family what we all got up to, so I guess we haven't been up to much since 9th Dec.2010, eh?
Well, that's not true. We had a lovely Christmas, albeit the first one were we didn't take any photos whatsoever. I guess they all look the same year after year, only the kids look a bit taller and the adults look at bit wider and odder..er...ahem...I mean wiser and older.
So, what's been going on, well, I've been spending Fridays with a very good buddy of mine decorating the flat that our church Apprentices live in after we found that the place resembled a hovel and a filthy one at that. On Mondays I've been taxi driver for some of the older ladies in the church who have needed a lift to get to their weekly meeting. And I've finally joined a new Housegroup which is great.
Jess had a wonderful extended birthday. She got the present of her dreams from her folks of a flight in a little, tiny, weenie aeroplane/aircraft. She was made up. I'll just have to think of something else for her 40th next year - hmm, thinking cap well and truly on already!
I've got stuck into writing a full length novel. It's a children's fantasy adventure and from the kids reaction to what I've written already, I think I'm well on track for a number one best seller. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself as I continue writing it.
Which will now take longer than planned, due to the fact that I've been offered a new job to start in a couple of weeks.
Against everything I'd planned, I'm going part-time (4 days per week, 9am-3pm) to work in a Christian hostel as a Support Worker to assist people with mental health issues. If someone had told me even two months ago that this is what I would end up doing, I would have laughed - heartily. Which goes to prove that only God knows the plan he has for us. It is just up to us to follow his plan and accept that he knows what is right for his glory and for us. I've spent the last five years planning my own future and trying to achieve things that I believed would please other people. Now, after all these years, I've realised that God's timing is perfect; it is up to us to 'push the doors' that appear before us and not sit back and wait for God to give us what we want; and that He knows what's best for us. Instead of being served, it's up to me to do the serving.
As for teaching? Who knows. As for the writing. Who knows, although I'm getting a real passion for it now, more than I used to. And as for the future, well, that's in God's hands, not mine. I'll just smile, follow him and lead my family in the paths of righteousness.
As for all the different forms of service I've been doing lately, who'd of thought it would lead to a very rewarding and worthwhile job? Not me!
Here's to the future.
2 comments:
Fab post, really excited for you and you know what you will probably end up doing more writing once you start work....because you will want to and can't as easily so it will be far more precious to you.
So excited to see God working in such a lovely friends life
xx
What a great post! We are sooooo looking forward to seeing you this weekend! x
Post a Comment