The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Monday, 16 June 2008

Father's Day







Another Dad's day come and gone and another chance to enjoy my kids. After an extra 20mins in bed, they crept in to the bedroom, nice and gentle, then showered me with gifts. Joel presented me with a hand-painted coffee mug with a guitar on it, and Christopher and Caitlin gave me a bar of Toblerone and a book called 'More Dad's Stuff' - a book full of exciting ideas that a Dad can do with his children - I'll be using this during the summer while the attic is being converted!!!
After a good church service and a catch-up with several friends, we headed home. Jess made lunch while I played some badminton with the boys.
After a yummy roast we headed over to Knole park for a stroll through the 'big castle' as Caitlin calls it, then a walk around the grounds.
We came home for tea and a play on the Wii.
Yes, I gave in - and what with Guitar Hero Aerosmith coming out in two weeks, I just had to put in an order for it!
I'd been saying for months that I was going to get this and I finally got around to doing it. It's great fun and an alternative way to exercise.
See ya!

M.

3 comments:

Vixbil said...

Heard you got a wii how exciting. Sounds like you had a fab day
xx

Anonymous said...

Maynard,

Is it embarrasing that I go to your blog to listen to the music? Can you add some more 80's Glam?

Anonymous said...

I can't even contemplate the very idea that anyone would be embarrassed listening to the music on my blog - I'm alost insulted - but not quite!

M.
PS - 80s Glam coming up!