Okay, the past week has just passed us by. We've been sitting in half-expecting workmen to arrive and no-one turned up till Friday and they only stayed for a few hours. I did manage to get a mis-coat of paint on all the walls ready for proper painting though which is good and all the extra materials have been collected and the skip has finally been taken away. I realised that all the skirting boards and doors are pre-primed which will save me a load of time too.
On Saturday Joel and I went down to the Pantiles in town to watch some live acoustic music at the LOCAL&LIVE event. One guy was very good, Colin Neil, so I'll be looking him up.
On Sunday we went to the in-laws for a picnic lunch inside (cos of the weather) followed by some kite flying over at Tonbridge school.
Well, it's now Bank Holiday Monday and Jess is about to take the kids out to Wear 'm' Out to let me catch up on my 'Avengers' watching for my next big assignment - a 4000 word essay on British action adventure TV in the 60's. I'm doing it on gender and class and I'm not looking forward to this one. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Film & TV History course, but the assignments have been horrible - I'll just be happy to pass this course! On a good note though, I did get a 'B' on my Creative Writing course which has set me up nicely for the Advanced Creative Writing course which begins in October.
Later!
1 comment:
Congrats on getting a B hope you got to watch all your Avengers...see ya soon
Post a Comment