The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Back to normal

September 2nd and all things are all back to normal. Jess to work, the kids to school, me at home supposed to be studying - well, it's been a few weeks, so I'm easing myself in gently. A 4000 word essay needs to be submitted by the 11th and I'm shy of it by about, oh, let me think, oh yes - 4000 words. I'm completely at a loss for this end of course essay and judging by the OU web forum for the course, I'm not the only one who's thinking there must be an easier way to spend my days.
Last week sort of disappeared without trace really - lots more sitting around waiting for chippies and plumbers to arrive and wotnot. The kids played out front loads with the others in the street. Late Saturday afternoon, I had just sat down for a cuppa tea after spending the whole day decorating Joel's new bedroom, I just said to Jess what a lovely evening it would be to have a BBQ with friends and a cool drink. Within minutes, the Dad of one of the girls who our kids plays with knocked on the door and invited us all down for a BBQ later on. We had a lovely evening and we didn't get the kids back up to the house til 11 o'clock. Needless to say they didn't sleep any longer the following morning though - the scamps.
Well, I should go and do some work, but it's conveniently time for elevenses, so I'll give it a few more hours..er..ah..I mean minutes.
Oh, and check out my new Toe-Tappers!

2 comments:

Vixbil said...

why is it that when they go to bed late they still don't give you a lie in!!!!
xx

Otter said...

Good to have you back. Zevon hits perfectly on a day like this. 4K essay? Glad its you and not me.