Okay, I agree, my last post wasn't your average 'this is what I've been up to today'. I was having a moment and for those who didn't understand it - you weren't meant to. I was freewriting whatever came to my head as I struggled to complete my essay.
If you're interested it was about the perseverance it takes to complete a task that you don't really want to do or feel capable of doing. Many feelings and emotions can hinder us from doing the task and I was in battle with them all last week.
Thankfully, I came through it and completed my essay - although I have no idea how it will have come across to my tutor! My two-toe-tappers just represented how I was feeling (1) and how I would feel when it was complete (2) - in fact as I write I'm listening to 'Blue Danube' to send me off to sleep on this glorious Sunday evening.
So, tomorrow's a new day, a new week and I have three weeks until the beginning of my next course. However, I do have an exam in four weeks for the Film and TV History course which I do need to revise for. In the meantime I will be glossing as much of the woodwork as possible.
Joel & Christopher are both in their new bedrooms now and little Caitlin is in hers and it seems really big for her. I wont get around to decorating hers for a while yet, but all the emulsion has been done in the rest of the house - all we need to do now is wait for the final bill from the builders to see if we can afford the carpets which is probably unlikely.
Anyway, the boys are happy - they have their own rooms and their own bathroom which is now complete and it means they can scoot off to their own havens when need-be.
Oh yeah, and its only six more sleeps til the big game. Yes, thanks to the generosity of one of my good friends, I'm off to Twickenham on Saturday for an England V International rugby match - I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!
Well, 'Moscow' as the Russians say, coz I'm falling asle....
2 comments:
Yeah, it was a bit surreal. Good to hear things are moving ahead. I blogged about the Tri today, but didn't put you in the Thank You's. Don't worry, beer at Twix is better than a mention in a blog. Oh, there's your mention. Thanks for the support Maynard, your da Man!
Glad you got your essay done and can't wait to see the new rooms
xx
Post a Comment