The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

On the frontline

Bashing out these words for my essay makes me feel like a lunatic in an asylum. The pain and anguish of not knowing how to start the healing process was mental torture. The end is in grasp if only I can make headway and in time the pain relief will kick in and I will relax and see things as they really are. The end is in sight but a chasm of dark emptiness engulfs the way forward and I need all my inner resolve to tear down the walls of defeat and self-deprecating right now. If it wasn't for the cushioned walls of faith my head would have exploded but they take the pounding well and give comfort in an unfriendly world of doubt, confusion and solitary confinement.
Like a soldier on the frontline I have to charge headlong into this endless battery; take control of the destiny that lies before me and tackle all that threatens to destroy, trick, deceive or criticise. Stupidity takes aim and tries to deliver a blow that would knock me down for eternity, but I weave to its left and it crashes into my troops of intelligence. A fiery dart of apathy is aimed at my shoulder but is swiftly cast aside by my shield of determination. Only in time do I notice a low-blow of distraction coming in to take me away from the task in hand. With fists full of concentration I knock it flying out of sight. Pushing on as the insects of pain drive into my head, I can see the 'other side'. The clear light of day waits for me and beckons me to come forth. I turn behind me and all things negative are solid in their positions and cannot reach me anymore. My battalion of angels deflect anything that comes t'wards me now and they lift me gently above it all. The sky is clearing and a new dawn is breaking. Pain is released and falls to the ground and shatters. Happiness greets me with a warm smile and pulls me through the final gates of despair that close with an almighty thud behind me.
The battery, the onslaught, the despair is ending and a fresh outlook appears.
Alls well that ends well.

3 comments:

Otter said...

How many cups of tea have you had, man?
Persevere, grasshopper.

Maynard Tait said...

I don't know, but it wasn't enough. Managed to get an extension from the tutor. Still got 1500 words to go!

Vixbil said...

Eerrrr, didn't get it
xx