Hey! I'm back. The past two weeks seem to have just disappeared. Since my last post I've been doing a lot of painting, some studying and not much else.
My Mum & Dad came for a few days although they stayed in a plush B&B just outside town and it was great to see them both - and many thanks to them for the gifts, food and flowers. I hope we don't have to wait another 18 months til the next time.
Well, I've only 3 more work days before my first seated 3 hour exam in 22 years (apart from some really easy insurance exams a few years back!) and I must say I'm somewhat daunted by it. Okay, people keep telling me I'll be fine as I seem to do well in my assignments, but they're a different ball-game. At least with those I have the information to hand; whereas at the exam I can only rely on what's in my head and that was always my problem back in school - i can't seem to retain information that I learnt months back. Yes, I've been re-reading the books but there's so much to remember I'm just going to have to hope that 3 of the 12 questions are ones that I can remember about.
So, all prayers and support will be very welcome between now and 5:30pm on Wednesday 7th October by which time I will be a very relieved man and in dire need of a stiff drink.
At least it's Friday - although Jess is off to London tomorrow so I'll have the kids all day. Looks like I may have to get out of the house for a bit to keep me sane.
Later!
3 comments:
Great to have you back. Hope the folks enjoyed their visit. Wish I could have met them.
Will be praying for you mate
xx
Hello mate!!! Hmm three hours is a long time, so you'll need a sleeping bag, pillow, reading lamp, hot chocolate and a good book to pass the time away (I suspect they wouldn't be too keen on being blasted out by the bulk of your music!). Alternatively, a packet of mints, a pen (or two) and a very deep breath. Rest assured Jo and I will be praying for you...
K
Post a Comment