On Friday morning as I was just getting another headache reading up on feminism within Islam, the phone rang and my good bud Bill asked if I fancied meeting up for a coffee. Needless to say, within minutes I was out the door breathing in the lovely spring air. We had a great catch-up and I even walked down to the nursery with him and walked him and his two adorable twin daughters back home. Only then did I realise that I had forgotten to buy all the things I needed to in town, so I had to go back in. But it was great to get out during the day!
In the evening we had dinner with two of Jess's work colleagues and their husbands and although I find it difficult to socialise over dinner with people I have never met before, I managed to convince the hosts to lift the dinner table top off so that the men could have a game of pool on the table beneath it - so, all in all, a good night!
Saturday was great. All the family went to view the 'posh' photos that we had taken a fortnight ago and we had fun choosing the two that we wanted. It was rather difficult as there were plenty with buck-teeth, bit lips, cross-eyes and droopy eyelids, but we did manage to find two that were perfect.
In the afternoon we had Helen and David for lunch and while Helen and Jess stayed home to catch up I took the three boys for a bike ride from Hartfield to Forest Row and back. It was brilliant, as I realised exactly how unfit I am and am now resolved to do something about it - I'm just not sure when I'll start - there's still some whipped cream and bacon in the fridge that needs eating, ahem (not together you understand - that would be revolting!). Although it'll probably involve a lot more cylcing, as only this afternoon a neighbour convinced me to buy one of those kiddie bike things that attaches to the back of mine, so that Caitlin can come with us too - and now that Jess has a bike as well there's no stopping us.
And the day continued - Ireland just about pulled it together to get a needed victory over the Scots, giving us a fantastic chance at the 6nations cup - in fact this was made even easier when England completely overpowered a flumaxed and strangely poor French squad this afternoon. So, next Saturday's game against Wales will decide it. We could even let Wales win the game, but only by 12 points or less and we'd still win the trophy! Come on you greens.
Today after church we thought we'd make the most of the beautiful spring weather, so we went to the lambing weekend at Hadlow college. It was good to get to this event for the first time and the kids enjoyed themselves having a tractor ride and holding the lambs.
Oh, and after the rugby we are roast beef dinner. So, a wonderful weekend had by all - here's to a good week to come.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend to me
xxx
sorry about making you forget the things you needed from town. But, it was cool to be the only two guys without suits in Starbucks. As we already know the result of the 6 Nations, well done. Ireland thoughly deserve the Slam. And England deserve to be in SECOND (which is kinda like a win).
Post a Comment