The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Monday, 20 April 2009

Are diets just for girls?

Like the rings of a tree, the stretch marks on the belly tell the truth of the ageing process for man. Being fed up with looking like a youthful Santa Claus I have decided to diet - schah, right! What I mean to say is that I am determined to eat less. The worst thing about being 'home alone' during the day - apart from talking to yourself and hoovering in your underwear (I'm kidding, honestly, like I'd ever do that - it's still too chilly!) - is getting so bored that the only thing to keep sane is to eat. Since Christmas we have had a constant supply of chocolate in the cupboards, under pillows, in the sock drawers, behind picture frames.

So, it has to stop. After a few evenings of stuffing ourselves with most of the remainder of the evil brown stuff, Jess and I are on a 'diet'. And, yes, we will be doing some exercise with it - I suppose. The stepper won't know what's hit it and the weights bench better prepare to be overworked.
I thought about putting up a 'before' photo of the aforementioned belly, but the screen size isn't wide enough to cope, so you're just going to have to wait for the 'after' shot - you may have to wait a while though!

I'm currently trying to think of a suitable song to use as motivation. I recommended 'Fat Bottommed Girls' by Queen, but I'm still nursing a slapped face after mentioning it to Jess, so I think I'll have to choose a bit more carefully. How about 'Physical' by Olivia Newton John - no, that sounds a bit too exertive. Anyway, whatever you're hearing now will be the theme toon for the next few weeks, or months, possibly year.

As for the past couple of weeks, we've had a cosy, relaxed Easter time, what with cycle rides, days out to NT places, family and friend coffees and lunches, etc. Here's some photos. Enjoy the warmth and the sunshine, people!

The Roddy family grace us with their presence on Easter Saturday.



















Look - there's even chocolate in my shirt pocket!
















A Great day out at Nymans Gardens

2 comments:

Rach said...

Lovely Photo's, especially the one of Nymans.
Diets certainly aren't just for girls - the difference is boys/men call it healthy eating with excercise(well at least John does!!)

Vixbil said...

Lol at Rachs comment. I think most people are on a diet at the moment or at least most people I know
xx