The necessary info about Maynard

My photo
Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom
Married to Jess, Father to Joel, Christopher and Caitlin. Part-time Support Worker at work. Full-time Support Worker at home!

Friday, 19 September 2008

Chase the clouds away!

Another Friday has graced us with its presence and once again the clouds dominate the sky. But hey, don't be gloomy, it's another day to do a good deed to a friend, colleague or family member; a new day to say something encouraging to someone who's down; a new day to smile and thank the Lord for all his goodness.

After my 'nightmare' last week over my big essay, I finally got my result yesterday, and I have to say that it wasn't anywhere near what I was expecting. So considering how anxious I was about this one and how underprepared I was for it, you can imagine my surprise when I got a 'B' baby - yeah! That's right, uh-huh, a 'B' baby, 'B' baby, yeah, uh-huh, uh-huh, oh yeah!
Now whether my tutor had had a heavy dose of the chills or a nasty hangover when he marked mine and meant to type in '45%' instead of the '75%' he gave me, I'll never know, but quite frankly, I don't care. All I know is that I just have to scrap over the pass mark of 40% in my exam in October and I'll pass this course.
So, I'm having a good morning already. I had a great night last night with some guys from church over the most wonderful Mexican meal I have ever laid my taste buds on (thanks to the Beadles!) and tomorrow - just in case I haven't mentioned it - I'm going to Twickenham with Mr Triathlon himself and I can't wait.
But first, I need to get back to the glossing. It's great that painting the walls is a doddle and takes barely no time at all, but doing gloss work takes forever and it stinks.
Anyhoo - hello to anyone who has just noticed my blog for the first time - nice to have you along and I hope you enjoy the songs, the pics, the movie recommendations, etc.

Viva the weekend!

3 comments:

Holliday Family said...

well done!

Otter said...

Well done bro. Don't sell yourself short. Your a great writer. And yes, that meal was AWESOME.

Vixbil said...

Well done that is great...only just caught up with your blog and otter didn't tell me how well you had done.
xxx