So what there's a credit crunch? Who cares about bad days at work? Forget about the kids playing up (again)!
IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS AND IT'S THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY (JOIN IN), FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA!!!
So we all have cares, some worse than others, but we must always remember the blessings we receive on a daily basis. The food we eat. The fine clothes we put on every day. The warm house we wake up to every morning. For friends who comfort us and support us when we need them. For our family who make us smile, cry, laugh and fume.
No matter how bad things seem and fed up we are, we've always plenty to be thankful for. Over the past few Fridays I've been going to over to help out at a charity called Global Hand, and before we have lunch, Benjy asks us 'Are you thankful?' A great way to start a meal and a great way to remember the good things we have around us. So, give thanks and enjoy the season, one and all.
As for the past couple of weeks - what have we been up to? Well, it's been general mayhem as always sending kids here there and everywhere (parties, clubs, teas at friends).
We had a great Mens dinner at church a couple of weeks back. Over 100 men enjoying each others company over fantastic food and listening to a great talk by Kim Swithinbank. Here's to the future of the Mens Together group we're starting up from January.
We had our great friends the Thompsons to lunch last Sunday (at least Bill, Vicki and the girls) which was great. Caitlin was the 'star' of her nativity last week - literally. She had to dress in her ballet outfit and hold up the star of Bethlehem for about 15 minutes. She was wonderful!
And of course, we put the Crimbo decorations up last Monday - the 1st December doesn't pass in the Tait house without putting up the decs. Two days later our tree lights went out. Tsk! Got them sorted though two days later after going through every single bulb to find the culprit one.
I also managed 9 holes with 'I' last week - not a bad effort I have to say considering it was my second outing of the year. Next week we're going out again with Matt the Curate, so should be fun.
Had a great lunch last Thursday at Cosmo with 'N' from church - Thanks! This mens networking/socialising is great and at times I do actually enjoy being a student and having the time to do these things.
Yesterday, Joel and I went to chruch alone as the other two kids were ill. Joel did some great narration as part of the Sunday School presentation. After church the two of us did a Christmas service leaflet drop before going back to the hall for a lovely lunch.
So that's me up to date. What does the next week or do bring? Well, there's Messy Church, Scouts, Men Together meeting, a visit from the Plumbers, Christopher's nativity, Global Hand, selling Christmas trees at church, the return of the in-laws, the school Christmas fair. Need I go on?
Well, I should go on and finish painting Caitlin's bedroom before the school run.
Take care and enjoy the Christmas 'Toe-Tappers'!
1 comment:
I love Christmas and thanks for your hospitality the other week. Great time on Sunday too. Hope your children now better
xx
Post a Comment